I can't believe we're launching 2009 already! How on earth did that happen so fast? It seems only yesterday...Okay, okay. I'll spare you the boring details. You know the gig. :-D But i do want to take a moment to reflect on this amazing year. In November of 2007, I felt that 2008 would be a "year of promise." And it was!
- Brian got a great new job that helped get us back on our feet both financially and emotionally (nothing like feeling like major losers after six years of financially struggling and battling to get your life "back," only to have your feet swiped out from under you again).
- We moved back to the metroplex and found a beautiful new home to rent. God closed the doors to purchasing a home, but we are hopeful that in 2009 we can realize that dream.
- And also this summer, my awesome agent Steve Laube negotiated my first book contract. I am so delighted to be a part of the Abingdon Press fiction line and working with Barbara Scott, the awesome acquiring editor. I am so blessed! Watch for the book cover sometime in the next couple of months!
In the next month, I will post several reviews (sorry, I got really far behind when I brought my twins back home to school them here). There's a ton of great, clean fiction out there--so watch for the reviews to know what to check out.
Before I hop off and get back to the insanity, I wanted to make you aware of a free MP3 download as part of a promotion in conjunction with one of my favorite bands, Kutless. Here's the information:
A free Kutless MP3 is being given away at Bible Study Magazine. They are also having a contest to win cool Kutless gear and Logos Bible Software. Go check it out!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping, but I will use bags for convenience
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real
3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving day
4. When do you take the tree down? day after New Year’s Day
5. Do you like eggnog? Only diluted...it's too rich for me otherwise
6. Favorite gift received as a child? a doll that "sings" -- you put tiny little records in her back and she'd sing. I loved that doll!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in-law
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Two--my mother's and the kids' ceramic one
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both--I'm notorious for buying the cards and never getting them in the mail. *sigh*
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't recall a "worst" gift. I do remember my sister-in-law giving me a gift that made me go, huh, but it wasn't a "worst."
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? While You Were Sleeping & Miracle on 34th Street (oh, and probably White Christmas)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, for those gift exchanges that require the gifts to be used
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham and sweet potato casserole
16. Lights on the tree? small, white lights
17. Favorite Christmas song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman &
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Yep, both.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas eve or Christmas day? We open one gift at midnight on Christmas Eve, then open the rest Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who lose focus on what Christmas is all about and get insane
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? red and gold
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, I think. Or my MIL's lasagna.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Archeological Study Bible and a new laptop (yeah, like that's going to happen!)
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Those practicing avoidance techniques. :-D