This morning in my Bible study, I came upon a phrase regarding King David: TENACIOUS BELIEF. David knew that God had called him out, anointed him to be king, and even though he had every right to defend himself against Saul, who tracked and hunted him down to kill him, David had a tenacious belief in honoring and respecting God, in the fact that God *had* called him to be king, even though the time had not come yet.
I believe we all need to cling to David's attitude here. So many of us have dreams and goals, maybe even promises we feel God has given us that have not come through yet. Don't go after them, crashing through doors God has closed. In His time, all things are beautiful and perfect.
With that thoughts in mind, I'm going to have TENACIOUS BELIEF for the goals I believe God has settled into him heart for 2009. Admittedly, I hesitated posting these, not wanting to look like a dork if they dont' happen. But if we don't try, we can't succeed, right? So without further ado, here is my 2009 TENACIOUS BELIEF list (in no particular order):
- To *buy* a home for our family. We've rented for six years, and we're all ready to be in a home of our own, one we can decorate and make our own.
- A new vehicle - our 13-year old Expedition is on it's last leg, poor thing. We will need a new used vehicle.
- To write as God leads. Last yeart, I unwittingly attempted to "take control" by deciding that I could make money at this. It's not necessarily a bad thing. I just didn't seek God's will. And my writing shut down. Hopefully, I learned my lesson from that. I want to write to honor Him, not fatten my bank account. :-D (although, that is certainly a nice benefit )
- Grow my craft - I want to become a better, stronger writer. There's always room to grow!
- To organize family photos, make digital copies, make duplicates, and return the photos borrowed from my aunt in Ireland.
- Be a help to others in their writing. I didn't get here on my own, so I want to be a blessing to my fellow writers.
- Dig deeper into God's word. I got an archeological study Bible, and I want to use that to help me understand the people/times of which I'm reading.
- To return to my tenacity and consistency in writing every day!
- To pull off the 'best yet" ACFW Book of the Year contest.
- To honor God in all that I do and say.
- Prayerfully consider adoption...well, I've been prayerfully considering it for years. But to seek God to see if this is the right year.