Gone to the Dark Side?


Well, I battled it for as long as I could. LOL In early September, I went to a local writer's conference where I met Lisa Crayton, a fabulous writer and speaker who had a class on blogging. We talked for a long time about it, but I told her I just wasn't ready to commit to blogging. She said I was wise to realize that because too many writers dive in, build up a fan base, then burn out and leave their fans hanging and disappointed. We talked about the powerful Forensics & Faith of Brandilyn Collins. At the time, I was taking 9 hours of college courses, going through a huge trial in my family--I just knew I wasn't ready. Yet, I also knew God was leading me to blog. Lisa told me, "Start praying now over it." So I did.


One by one, my fabulous crit buddies, Dineen Miller, Robin Miller, and Ron Estrada, started blogging. They kept calling to me from the great chasm that separated us (dare I call it sanity? LOL). I just couldn't join them. Not with college, homeschooling four children, and trying to stay focused on writing every day.

And yet, here I am. *grins*

My compromise is this: One blog a week. I realize that's a slow approach, but I assure you it's a thoughtful, well-planned one for me. This way, I won't feel rushed.

**BRAGGING RIGHTS**
Thanksgiving just came and passed. I didn't get to blog my heart out about how wonderful my friends and loved ones are, so I'm starting this new season in my life with my Bragging Rights.

Brian - Beloved! As Emily Brontë said: I know not what hearts are made of, but his and mine are the same. You are my hero. I draw strength from you, and get giddy at the sight of you, just as I have for the last 17 years. I know you are destined for greatness, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!

Dineen - Blessed friend! I've known you for a year now. What a fantastic year it has been. Getting to know you has been one of the greatest pleasures of my life. As my clone, you know what I mean. :-D I treasure the comfort of knowing you always understand, no matter what. I love you, chica! Life would not be complete without you!

Robin - What a God-send you are! I have learned so much from you, from those hairline fractures in POV, right down to learning how to voice my heart and not fear rejection. You're an amazing woman, and I'm so glad you're a part of my life.

Ron - Wow! Having a guy offer suggestions really brings a sense of reality to my stories. You are such a vital part of Write of Passage, and I'm so grateful to be on your team! Now...if we can just keep Robin & Neen sane. Possible?

Shannon - Your friendship was unexpected and yet, beautiful. You have such incredible instincts about sf/f. I so appreciate your input on my writing, characters, and stories. Thanks for catching the small stuff. LOL And maybe, just maybe, I'll send Marco the Kynigos your way. *grins*

Heather - SIGH. You came out of nowhere when I needed a shoulder. Since then, we've bonded and enjoyed lengthy chats. You are SUCH a blessing, and I'm so glad to have you in my life.

Lisa Tuttle - Girl! What a treasure you are. Thank you for your hard work on Liberty's Son and your willingness to keep critting with me. You have an amazing voice in sf/f. I look forward to reading/critting more of your writing (HINT! HINT!)

Kristin Billerbeck - THANK YOU! You believed in me and my writing when I felt like few did. Your sage wisdom and advice *grins* always helps me keep it real. I love you! Your friendship is invaluable to me. What a beautiful, intelligent, and amazing writer/woman/friend you are.

Okay, this could go on for days...I have so much to be thankful for, especially when I remember that my life is not my own, that what I have are gifts from above, and that God has blessed me--not for me, but so that I can bless others. That keeps it real.

Adios!

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
7 Responses
  1. Yay! I get to be the very first comment on your new blog. Awesome, as usual, and not surprisingly. Ronie, I will go to my dying day praising God for putting us together. What an awesome God he is. He made you, didn't he?

    Btw, I have first dibs on Marco. Shannon, sorry girl, you're gonna have to wait your turn. LOL!

  2. gravatar Anonymous

    Awwwwwww! YOU are such a blessing to ME. I don't just go up to strange (*snicker*) people and offer them a shoulder so it was a total God thing. I thank God daily for you.

    Hold up... Neen is married... isn't Shannon married??? So me being single... shouldn't *I* get Marco??? LOL

  3. Welcome to blogville, girl! Sit back and enjoy the wild ride!

    On a serious note, I KNOW God put us on each other's path...He's done that so often in my life that I have no doubt it's His hand that guides me to my friends...the ones I hold nearest and dearest to my heart!

    And I don't want Marco...have enough testosterone in my life as it is! :)

  4. Nuh uh, I get first dibs on Marco, because I saw him first!!! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    And Ronie, you're SO wonderful! The warm fuzzies flow both ways, believe me!! I'm so grateful for YOU. \o/

  5. Y'all are too funny & sweet. Marco would say he's honored...unless of course he said "it's not my concern." LOL (guess you have to read the book to get that..snicker)

  6. BTW, You've been "tagged"...check out my blog today! LOL It's all Kristin's fault!

  7. Welcome to the blogosphere! I think you'll find it's lots of fun, even if it does take a few minutes each day. Just try to limit yourself on your blogging time. That's what I do.
    Hugs,
    camy